Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ORAL PRESENTATION

This term we do an oral presentation.

The instructions are:
1. choose a topic to talk about: last christmas, summer, a trip you enjoyed...
2. find some images and prepare a powerpoint, slideshare, fotoangelo or photolog with them
3. prepare a four-five minutes speech introduction
detailed description of the photographs chosen
talk about what the images evoke

My oral presentation is about a trip I did to India last christmas.


My oral presentation is about a trip I did last Christmas. I went to India. We left the 22nd of December and we came back the 6th of January. I went with my mother and 4 friends of Holland, so we were six. We travelled in a mini-bus and we had our own chauffeur, because it’s very dangerous to drive there for strangers.
We travelled to a lot of cities and also through the countryside. In the city there were a lot of people, during the day they stay outside and they live outside. There are a lot of colours. In India there’s market every day. People use bicycles, riksja’s (to transport other people or things) and tuk-tuk’s (this are Indian taxis). Trough the city you can see cows everywhere, you also can see camels and horses. When we travelled trough the countryside, we had to stop a lot to let some cows or camels cross the road.
We also visited a lot of monuments: temples, forts, palaces, havelis (which are houses were traders lived) and we also visited the Taj Mahal. They all were very nice.
We did a trip on an elephant to go up to a fort. It was very touristic but a nice experience. We also did a trip on a camel to go to see a sunset. My friend and I painted some henna on our hands and arms.
It was a very nice experience, I really loved it.



No comments: